Luckily, we are highly skilled in treating a variety of conditions and issues. Whether you have slight discomfort or severe pain, we can provide you with care that allows you to live the lifestyle you want!
These are just some of the conditions, treatments, and services you will find at our sports medicine office. Just ask us if you have any questions!
- Sports Medicine
- Acute Injury
- Acute Fracture Care
- Non-Surgical Orthopedics
- Intra-Articular, Trigger Point, & PRP (Platelet-Rich-Plasma) injections
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound: Therapeutic & Diagnostic
- Sweat Testing
- X-Rays On Site
- Elite Athlete to Weekend Warrior
Feet for example: We know how much your foot health can impact your athletic performance, and it is our priority to help get you off of the sidelines and back in the game. Whether you are dealing with a recurring injury or an accident from the big game, we are here to support you through each step of your therapy. Below is a list of some of the most common sports and sports-related injuries we see in our office:
- Martial Arts and Kickboxing: Plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, sesamoiditis, and ankle sprains. Proper stretching is vital to injury prevention, specifically, a minimum of 15 minutes before beginning exercise.
- Aerobics: With 26 bones in the foot and impact forces reaching up to six times the force of gravity, proper shoes are essential when participating in aerobics. Shoes must provide shock absorption and proper cushioning, as well as stability.
- Team Sports: Baseball, basketball, soccer, football, field hockey, and lacrosse often lead to foot and ankle injuries. Artificial surfaces, improper footwear, and inadequate stretching are recipes for disaster.
At St Vincents Orthopedics with Dr Sophia Lal, we value your time and are proud to offer our patients in-house, state-of-the-art digital radiographs. We understand that proper treatment begins with an accurate diagnosis, and our digital x-ray service enables us to diagnose and confirm any bone or soft tissue injuries and conditions that can be hard to determine through a physical exam. Unlike traditional x-rays that use film, digital x-rays are safer exposing patients to less radiation and faster allowing doctors to view results within minutes. With this state-of-the-art technology, we can save you time and begin customizing treatment and therapies for your needs.
For more information about our services contact us today at (205) 933-7838.